TN or something else? Episodes feel like mild infection

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm asking this question to get more ideas towards evaluation of other causes before potentially rabbit holing into TN treatment.

Current pain:

Recurring 3/10 pulling pain local to tooth 19 or sometimes a little behind that. Lymph node sometimes slightly swollen and discomfort when pushing into it. Can click with my painful jaw side (left) and other side is not painful. I'm not able to trigger the pain it seems entirely unrelated to any doing. noticed it's more common during lunch/afternoon hours regardless of eating schedule.

Story:

Feeling recurring tooth pain 3-4/10 for almost a year coming and going. Had a root canal done half a year ago, yes it took me quite long because during the first 6 months I had only 4 episodes of 3/10 pain on a tooth for about a few days. Got the root canal eventually when pain was 5-6/10, pain went back to 3/10 but longer and more often recurring episodes. Endodontist said I had a tooth infection and double checked everything was done properly and nothing remaining.

Went to dental surgeon, they said next thing is they would take the tooth out but not unheard of that root canal patient can have the tooth hurt for 6-12 months after so also gave option to wait unless pain worsens.

Recently, now 12 months in I went to ENT who asked me a few questions and tried to rule out TMJ and told me it is supposedly TN. Doctor offered a prescription but pain is only 3/10 now and not all day everyday so I'm okay taking an aspirin once in a while.

Right now taking another pass through PCP who did another cardiologist and ENT referral.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.