Today's scores on the doors.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, just popping on with a quick update. I'm still taking antibiotics to get rid of the infection, and my knee has been really sore this past week and a half. I really thought that I'd lost some ROM, but my Physio measured me today. 95 bend, and minus 5 straight! So in the time I've been supposedly taking it easy due to the discomfort of the infection, I've gained 3 degrees on extension! Happy days!

Hope you're all doing well, and that everyone's pain and sleep isn't too horrendous xx

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

My surgeon recommended a professional massage when I saw him last week. Wish I could afford a luxury like that a couple of times a month. I feel like my hamstring was lengthened by 2 inches. Lower back, neck and shoulder already feeling much better and will relax more over the next couple of days. Better than pain meds. I told the little girl that did it I would think about adopting her if she was interested. Had to rethink my offer when she said she would have to bring her 7 yr old and boy friend.
    • Posted

Haha what a shame she wasn't a keeper!

I had a back/neck problem a few.years ago - Dr's and Chiropractors couldn't identify what was wrong and therefore couldn't help. In desperation I went to a Chinese Doctor, who prescribed me a course of acupressure massage and acupuncture. It was brilliant, and helped straight away. Unfortunately it was too costly to keep going regularly, but I got a bottle of herbal massage oil from them which lasted ages.

• Posted

OFG, you are so right about massages!!! I've only had a couple but feel on top of the world afterward...I'd like to have more but as you said the cost...and being on a very fixed income every penny counts. Here a professional massage runs about $50 on up an hour...$50 is really cheap but still a little rich for my budget. Where I've gone they charge $65 for an hour...btw, I'm stateside in PA.
    • Posted

I'm in KC area and the prices for massage has really gone up in the last couple of years. If you have a school where they teach massage you can do really good on pricing. We have 2 or 3 schools in the KC area and the going rate is $25. Of course they are students and You have to deal with the learning curve. Most state's do not allow tipping to student's. I just found our that all 3 local schools are owned by the same v orporation. Where in PA are You. I actually live on the IS side about 25 min from downtown KC
    • Posted

A city on the shores of Lake Erie. I don't know of any schools that teach massage where they 'practice' on the public. I know the hair styling schools and LECOM advanced dental students do but that's it. 
    • Posted

You might look under schools in the yellow pages or on the web. If there is one they have to have someone for the students to practice on. Just give them a call and ask. Practice being the operative word.
  • Posted

Glad to hear that your rest hasn't affected your ROM, Terri, and hope that the soreness wears off soon.

Patsy

• Posted

Well done.  Perhaps it is because you have been "relaxing" that you were able to subconsciously exercise without tensing up.  Whatever you did, keep it up, hope your recovery has now turned the corner
  • Posted

Hi Terri

With all thathas been going on I had completely missed that you had had an infection.   Glad you are now on the mend and that it has not affected your scores.

Angela

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.