Tonsil Problem driving me INSANE please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I have a constant problem with my left tonsil pain like a constant drilling, and ear pain.

Most days, flares up every fortnight-month when I have antibiotics.

When it flares there's a white patch just one that pope Down from the top of my tonsil that you wouldn't see I have to move my tongue to the right when you can see part of it poke down it looks just like a white patch that you get with tonsillitis but just one solitary one, always the same and always in same place.

ENT did some bloods and something in my immune system is low (think pneumococcals) he seems to think this is what is casing costant infections and if I have a booster it will improve. I am dubious as the pain is very pink pointed it's like if I could out my finger in the side of my neck and say "there it is" I'd point it right out! Also get time where it feels like there's something stuck right at that point and I have to keep swallowing to move it. To a greater or lesser degree this is ALWAYS there wether the white spot is visible or not. ENT said could be a blocked mucus glad with appearance of a tiny benign cyst but that it's not a problem however it is a huge problem for me as is driving me bonkers and fed up of te discomfort all the time sad he said to have the booster and go back if still a problem. If he's right and it's a blocked mucus glad what can I do to make this better?? I do have a picture but don't think can upload them here.

Any help appreciated x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi...I would ask my Dr. to somehow extract this...drain it...something...and explain to him that this is not "minor" to you...that is affecting your moods and eating habits..that should work.
    • Posted

Thank you, problem is you can't always see that spot, my feeling

Is there's something inside or right behind it's not a big lump that's clearly visible to drain sad I just feel like ENT isn't really listening to the fact it feels like there's something in there!

• Posted

Get referrred to another ENT....this is bothersome to you....the Drs are working for YOU...YOU are paying them..it is their job to help you be in the best health..don't give up.
    • Posted

Thank you smile I'm in the UK ad it was a private ENT as I have private Insurance but now I'm a bit stuck as insurance won't pay out for another as I've already seen one and NHS won't refer to another as I've seen one sad going to have to look

In to options as to what I can do as bit stuck now! So frustrating! Thank you /)

• Posted

yes, I understand being stuck...I'm stuck with a Dr. as well. Love the Dr. but the staff makes my life miserable and I would like to change and can't.

Hm...Than you have to try and be more persistant with the ENT and let he/she know that THIS is more than a MINOR problem to you...and even thou you can't see it...whatever other tests can be done to see it and remove it...you want to explore them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.