Took 1 contraceptive pill and now I’m bleeding a lot

Posted , 2 users are following.

My normal period started just under 2 weeks ago. Everything about it was normal, abdominal pain the week before, slight spotting a couple of days before, bloating, cramping the first heavy day and it slowly becoming less heavy.

I decided I wanted to start back on my pill (yasmin) to delay my next period as we're going away beginning of october.

I took 1 pill at the start of my period. I then completely forgot to carry on taking it! So I wasn't on any contraception and literally took 1 pill just under 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday I started to bleed. I'd had some vaginal aches and remember mentioning to my partner it felt like i was coming on my period, so thought maybe i had a mild irritation or infection.

I started bleeding yesterday morning, with no other normal symptoms, and its continued being quite a heavy flow like a normal heavy day of a period. I don't want to contact the GP yet as I'll see what happens over the weekend but I'm just curious about whether taking just 1 pill could do this.

I know about breakthrough bleeding if you miss a couple of pills but its not as if i was on the pill for a while...

Any help or advice or if anyone's experieneced this would be great to know☺

Thankyou x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.