Tooth sensitive to pressure, what could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had bad oral hygiene and developed a deep cavity, it was sensitive to cold and was hurting randomly troughout the day. I went to the dentist yesterday and they drilled into the tooth, put some medicine ( some kind of green paste) and sealed it with something white. I'm supposed to go back to the dentist in 12 days. My tooth didn't hurt at all since the procedure which was 24 hours ago, its only sensitive to pressure ( when i tap on the tooth). Cold sensitivity went away completely. I also experienced some itchiness of the tooth troughout the day. Is the sensitivity to tapping the tooth normal after this kind of procedure? What procedure is this? Is it normal to itch? Whats the medicine in that green paste? How likely is that my tooth will be saved?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a similar thing lately, I think the paste is something to kill any bacteria in the cavity. After the second visit and permanent filling, the tooth was a bit sensitive but now it's 3 months ago and I don't feel any sensitivity to either temperature or pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.