Torn abdomen muscle. HELP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been working out a lot lately. I've been doing core work and I've been sore, but today I felt fine after waiting a couple days. I was just a bit sore in the abdomen. And on my FIRST incline sit up I felt a muscle pull on my lower right side. Now it's a bit sore and slightly tender to the touch (30 minutes after). Is this a torn muscle or pulled? What should I eat/drink to heal fast? What should I do to heal asap for baseball that is approaching quickly?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also, it's sore from just above my sight side of belly button and down into the pelvic/pube area

• Posted

Only rest will heal that muscle . You can also try application of heat and paracetamol to help with inflammation.  Do you have any bulge near or under your belly button? If so,you may have given yourself an umbilical hernia.    You sound as though you are working out too much and need to back off a bit.
  • Posted

Agree with Lu27954. Take pain killers and stop exercises. Ask your coach see what he says. Good luck. Food won't make any difference. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.