Tramadol and hallucinations

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been taking Tramadol 400g a day for severe back pain, they have made my pains so much better but I have started to wake up at night seeing and hearing things, has anyone experience this....

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I did not have those but could not sleep. They are an addiction. I have been off them for about 15 months. Best thing ever. Done it cold turkey. My thread should be available

Get off them. Thats my advice.

• Posted

I've been on them for years with no ill effects but early on I did have some weird dreams.

I don't know if they're addictive or not but they make my life livable. I have Post herpetic neuralga which is painfull.

What I do is put up with the pain during the day or dull it down with ibruprofen and a walk and at night when walking isnt feesable I take Tramadol and Amitryptiline, that way I keep my intake to reasoable levels.

• Posted

My argument has always been that if you're in sever pain the risk of addiction may be worth taking.

Most, if not all pain killers are addictive as Mel Smith found to his cost with Ibruprofen. 

• Posted

My advice reduce the dosage! I've been on Tramadol daily dose 25 mg for almost a year. Before that Oxycodone in Sweden aka  OxyContin "Hillbilly Heroin" which is not allowed here in Thailand. Tramadol, yes. I take my 'Tramal' with 1000 mg (500 x 2) paracetamol and strong coffee (no sugar) I the morning. No side effects. I sleep very well. Take naps during the day.  That's what you do when you're 68!  Again, my advice reduce the dose gradually. Best regards, Bangkok-Johnny     

• Posted

I had hallucinations on tramadol at a higher dose.  Not fun.  Now I am tapering off no more hallucinations
  • Posted

I just started tramadol two weeks ago and it has given me strange dreams.  Last night I dreamed hat I was raped and no one would call 911.  I woke up with a weird feeling and my heart racing .  I've decided to stop tramadol because it really doesn't do anything for my back pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.