Tramadol for pain help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My GP has recently put me on Tramadol 50mg capsules - 30 capsule - take 1 or 2 up to 4 times daily for back and leg pain.

I asked for something that I would be able to take say 30mins before walking so that I could have a painless walk.

I took 2 yesterday and they made no difference at all.

Should I take these on a regular basis say 2 - 4 times a day, would that be better?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

speaking from experience.id say throw them in the bin and try get something else.. these tablets are the devil. so so addictive and the withdrawals when coming off them are horrendous. maybe call you're doctor and ask for something else.i wouldnt wish these on my worse nightmare

hope this helps.just talking from experience.. thanks

• Posted

Hi, I take 150mg of MAXITRAM twice a day. They seem to help but believe , well in my case I take them in conjunction with other medications such as Co-codamol 30/500mg , Gabapentin 100mg , Duloxitine 60mg also seems to hit the spot. Side effects are a bit of a pain excuse the pun , the sweating, extra tiredness and brain fog. So if you are having issues go back to your gp , if its working great, I understand when pain hits I'd take anything to dull it to be honest. Hope you get help soon, please let us know how you get on bye the way. Goodluck!

• Posted

Peruse this forum and you won’t find many proponents for the drug Tramadol. Consult your doctor (again) and state your consternation about Tramadol, its dose, frequency of intake and any alternatives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.