Tramadol pain question

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have been taking tramadol for about 5 mo. prescribed for back pain and nerve pain.

i am now tapering off as I hate it & of course am physically dependent since i get WD symptoms when late etc with dose. not addicted and have always taken as prescribed or less. 100 mg a day & now have tapered to 25 in AM & about 35.5 or thereabouts in eve. i cut a 50 in half for AM & then cut off like a quarter from eve dose now. been doing this for a few weeks . I have some WD symptoms when lowering like runny nose & eyes sneezing , sweats, moody and depressed. but im also depressed because of my back pain so maybe thats from both as its back with a vengeance with dose lowering. guess tram was covering up a lot ?

question is i read on these posts that tapering etc tramadol will cause your body to " trick you" with pain so you take more etc? can this be true? i am pretty sure my back pain is there from before but it does seem worse and i know opiods make you more sensitive to the pain after on then awhile.

i just dont get what people are talking about when they trick you? i also know that quitting opiods causes a pain flare i read for three days sometimes .

i am aware of the serotonin component of tramadol so am aware that's why I have already started done crying jags etc. even with dose lowering

any thoughts on the pain factor? i do NOT want to keep taking these but I'm now totally bummed as the pain is fairly intense & my dr never has any solutions other then take pain meds! already did pt but not effective really.

did anyones original pain change or increase or get affected by tramadol?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.