Transnasal endoscopy, share your experience with me

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

after a few years of suffering from gastric problems of a minor nature, this year the symptoms came on stronger than normal, so my doctor decided that the time had come to have a gastroscopy to clarify the situation once and for all.

However, I have always been terrified of the classic transoral gastroscopy, certainly because of the tube in the throat, the choking feeling, and so on.

So, I am thinking of doing the transnasal gastroscopy, which most people I know have told me is equally effective, but much less painful, with the pain in the nose bearable and the absence of the sense of choking and vomiting.

I am writing here because I am hoping that someone in the forum has had this endoscopy before me and would like to share their experience with me about this, so that I can make up my mind for good.

For those who have done both: do you find the transnasal version more bearable and doable?

Thank you very much to anyone who would like to answer and help me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.