Trapeziectomy day of surgery, what to wear?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all new here and having my trapeziectomy with suspensionplasty in about 2 weeksDumb question but what type of top should i wear to be able to get it on and off over the cast. i dont know how big it will be its winter here and have to wear a warm coat any suggestions?if its small may not be a problem but I'm envisioning this big cast

thanks much for your thoughts

bridget

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hiya,

I have a big woollen poncho which I wore over a tshirt. The tshirt was warm enough on the ward and the poncho covered my arms outside until I got in the car.

I had a thumb joint replacement which is similar to the trapeziectomy, just before christmas. I had my other thumb done 3 years ago in January. I wore my coat then, just pulled my arm inside. I found it too painful to put my hand through the cuff.

Hope this helps. Good luck 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.