trapeziectomy recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

6 weeks post op am having so much unanticipated aching discomfort. Driving, all housework, typing etc increase the pain. Other hand now suffering due to increased strain on it. Have had 2 spinal ops and years of chronic back and leg pains but have really hit a brick wall with the recovery from this op. Has anyone else had similar experiences

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not the same as you, but I had finger joint replacement earlier in the year and the aching in my finger took months to go away, I have a hand splint so when it ached too mcu I gave it a rest in the splint, dont know if you have that option.
    • Posted

I have to wear the thermoplastic splint at night and when out in public for protection. Sadly this makes the surgical area sore so is a relief when I remove. I have a soft splint to wear at other times but the ache is unremitting sad how long have you had pain?
    • Posted

It ached for about 6 months. It slowly subsided.  Your splint shouldn't make the area sore, I use to put some lint underneath the velcro.

If its that bad have you been back to see your consultant

• Posted

I have a fabric sleeve under but think it's the compression as they like it very firmly held! Seeing consult next week but have seen hand therapy every 2 and they are sympathetic but not concerned. Just wondered if I was being a wimp!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.