Trapeziectomy with trigger finger surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 62 and on the 28th of this month 2023. I am getting my trigger finger fixed and a trapeziectomy at the same time on my right hand, which is my dominant hand. at the base of my thumb I am bone on bone and I have a bone spur and now I’ve developed trigger finger which really hurts. I’m having so many doubts. I’m ready to back out and just get the trigger finger done. I am beyond scared. I need to hear some success stories I really do. A lot of the ones that I have read on here are horror stories about the amount of pain and everything else. I need help in making this decision.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

if there is a possibility that you could try to rest your hand and fingers before surgery would give it a try. this is a different approach and really works.

i had severe osteo pain in fingers wrist and bone on bone thumb. just by resting the hand wearing a wrist brace and finger combined with special glove at night in time it has healed. online there is a Glove brace designed for hand and finger injuries.

i wore the glove nightly to rest the ligaments cords and tissue around the bone to prevent the hands from forming a fist tension causing reflex injury. it really worked . my hands have not been in severe pain since .

just need to be mindful of hand movements after healing not to repeat the initial tasks that caused the injury in the first place. it was difficult to hold anything or open doors drive and painful. it takes time for the body to heal but it can if its is given the time. my hand injuries were caused from a variety of tasks but mainly from planting hundreds of plants in fields for years and power washing vibration.

most of my friends that had hand surgery had more problems after surgery than before. so i chose to try the rest and let it heal method on it's own approach.

i get it surgery could treat the issue and differ the pain, it really doesn't , it just creates more issues from watching my friends experiences with hand surgery. whatever you decide i wish you success.

also in the time it will take to recover from hand surgery and physical therapy... your hand could heal from osteo by rest, special braces designed to help heal the injuries and eat healthy foods like non inflammatory foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.