Trapped gas which won't move

Posted , 2 users are following.

One of the main and most upsetting symptoms I get is trapped gas/wind which just won't move no matter what I do. For me, it's mainly in my lower right hand side and also just inside my back passage. It feels like something is burning inside me and gives me the almost constant feeling that I am about to have to rush to the toilet (and have diarrhoea - sorry if this is too much info but I just want to find out if anyone else has the same sensations and if so, how you deal with them, or better still, make them go away). I used to be able to tell when I had fully gone to the toilet, but now the trapped gas mimics that feeling even after I have completely emptied my bowels, and it's an overwhelming sensation of being seconds away from losing control of them, which makes me feel really panicky the first time I leave the house on a particular day. Does anyone get this and if so, how do you cope, and have you found any ways to make the gas disperse? I have tried all the usual things - peppermint tea, over the counter drugs, moving into different positions etc. Nothing helps.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Could be Proctitis sounds very similar to symptoms I have.Burning back passage, constant feeling of needing bowel movement even after emptying.Costant trying to expel wind.

I have bleeding with it tho as I had ulcers too.

I have suppositories to manage the symptoms which work well but I do have flare ups from time to time.

Please go to Doc for a check up if you haven't already.

Good Luck. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.