Trazodone - feel sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

Prescribed Trazodone as a sleep & depression drug. Taken it for 10 days and feel sick as a dog and headache all day, but, the doc also took me off cymbalta 10 days ago and I don't know which is making me so ill. Anyone with sickness taking this drug? Do I continue and live in hope or cease it?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisa

i took trazadone for 3 years and had no side effects.

If you google cymbalta withdrawal, there are a lot of side effects, feeling sick is one of them.

Im presuming that your dr helped you withdraw slowly, and not just suddenly stop the cymbalta. I was initially on 150mg at night and after six months it was increased to 300mg at night.

whilst I'm no doctor, I would think that withdrawing from the cymbalta is what is making you feel sick.

If it doesn't improve over the next two weeks, then ask your GP or pharmacist for advice. Don't just suddenly stop taking them

• Posted

Hi Vicky, I asked my doctor if the cymbalta should be weaned, she said no and stopped me suddenly. I then read up on withdrawal . Why are doctors so clueless Vicky. I thought I could ride it out but I'm at the end of my tether. I'm going to ring the doctors this morning and try and get an appointment and ask for a taper program, I can't go on like this Vicky :-( I haven't moved for 10 days. Thanks for taking time to reply.
    • Posted

Well can't get in the doctors for s couple of days. Just took 60mg cymbalta as I was originally on 10 days ago . Will take this dose until I can get in my doctors and hope my sickness and poorly head subsides. :-(
  • Posted

Im afraid to take traxadone.didnt hear to many positive feedback abt it...my dr prescribed it along with citapram 2 help me sleep which is 4 like a sleeping pill..but here also its for depression as well....i really didnt feel COMFORTABLE takn 2 new meds at same time..its been 21 dys no positive results n no side effects...but i hear its takes time
    • Posted

I agree you should start one at a time see how your body responds
    • Posted

Citralapam is an antidepressant, not a sleeping tablet. Trazadone is an antidepressant too, not a sleeping tablet. So you are taking two different antidepressants at the same time.
    • Posted

Dr prescribed me trazadone said it wil help with sleep n anxiety...im only taking the citalapram for depression n anxiety..

I also heard traz is also used 4 depression...i dont wana take two new ones at same time.

• Posted

Cymbalta was the problem ! Started back on it and I'm no longer ill. Been back to the doctor and told her you need to taper off cymbalta . On 60mg will taper down in 20mg doses each week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.