trazodone weight gain

Posted , 2 users are following.

the reason why people gain weight on trazodone as it gives you a unbelievable appetite and you ear t more than normal toy have to watch what you eat taking trazodone, i went thru that and was almost doubling the food i was eating, i had to start dieting and weight went back to normal

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I never gained weight on it.\But the withdrawals were hell !!!!!

• Posted

I started on 50 mg tab, after a few weeks your doing more, for me to sleep i have to take 150 then i thouhgt this is crazy, i cut down 25 mg every 3 days until i got to 75 mg, now back to 50. the withdrawal you mention is rebound insomnia. i had that for awhile terrible. then i said to myself this is a vicious cycle went and seen a sleep professional now just down to otc at pharmacy

your life will have better quality

• Posted

Hi Mark

No it was not rebound insomnia.

I never had a sleep issue in the beginning, and never had it in withdrawal.

I really to this day do not know why I was given this drug. I have never had a sleep issue.

Stupid me for not finding out more about this drug, and stupid me for even taking it.

Weaning off traz, and weaning off klonopin has been a nightmare

• Posted

I know it easy to say , traz is a garbage sleeping ayd. i know what your going thru, not sure why your having insomnia problems, but i stated going to a sleep doc who weened my off that garbage, they make sound like this stuff i non additive thats bull to sell the drug. it took me a few weeks to get off, but if your having that kind of problem, some doctors will give you meds so you have no problem quitting. to be honest all these sleep drugs are garbage and can ruin your life. see a good sleep doc you will be better off. i actually thing 80% of people i hear there story they take these meds thinking there getting a buzz. start drinking alot of water, don't know how much your were on , i will never take again it's just poison. if still having problems a doc will help you get off with no pain trust me. let me know how your doing in next couple weeks

• Posted

Why did this doctor prescibed this to you, do you have any anxiety or depression

or something personnal, i just want to hear your feeling better. when i had problem i got off with no withdrawal, you can't stop that med overnight. depending on mg. on say your taking a 100 mg. well start taking 75mg. do that for a week following week get down to 50 and so on. if thats to much go a couple weeks on each dosage, trust me you will be fine.

• Posted

As I mentioned, I do not have insomnia. Never did before, during or after.I sleep like a baby.

It was given to me for anxiety

• Posted

I got anxiety after i had vascular disease in my legs from smoking 10years ago the pain in my legs was terrible and developed insomnia. i call trazodone the phony drug. this meds been around about 75 years strictly for anxiety and depression, well after years people complained it didn't work but the phony people that hold the patent heard it made people get sleepy so they advertised it as a sleeping pill which is garbage. they are so dumb on this drug you can't figure out when to take, how much to take they are making a tom on of money off the poison. and to be honest it's a dangerous med. the only time this med works for sleeping is if you mix it with other meds which can kill u. what mg. were you taking a day and for how long, (i love the part where they say it's non additive. there are lawsuit on this maker saying its not additive and its not a narcotic which is a lie for sales.when you were taking for anxiety what was you doc prescribing you. there are so much better drugs now this doctor was a idiot for giving you trazodone, i also have anxiety but i don't take med i use breathing techinques, as i get it when i go to bed or some, if i were u i would tell your doctor you want off that and a newer drug for .anxiety is the type of disorder that comes and goes. when you were taking 2 meds traz and klonopin creates a addiction which sounds like your fighting. i had same issue 5 years back i finally woke up and had a doctor weane me off this crap in 3 weeks trust me it works dont make yourself suffer, they will put you on a pill i took narcan7 takes away all side effects any pain or withdrawal trust me best thing i did . mixing the 2 meds is what got you. but dude gert some help on this your dealing with psych drugs on trazodone for anxiety etc. they want you to take 300 etc. mgs. a day, you will have a habit in a month. the most i was taking was 75mg. you can't believe in advertising they lie for you money. in short find a good doctor and no mixing traz and klon soon this will beover good luck keep me intouch your not alone. and dont read any garbage off the internet on these drugs

• Posted

If your taking Traz and klonopin, traz isn't that bad if your talking klonopin with it your looking at a immense drug habit, klonopin is a killer one of the worst narcotics, why a

doctor would give you both is mind bending, i never quite understood what was going on till i just saw you were using using klonopin. . i'm 62 years old been around the block, used all sorts of drugs till i woke up one day, i was taking meds to get rid of hep c as the cure came out 5 years ago which i beat in fact last week.

talk about side efects , which i contracted when shooting dope in the 70's this is going to be very difficult for you to beat, get someone to help you get off you will be so happy for it.

• Posted

The most I took was 75 mg

I am not on wither one now.|I started weaning both drugs March 2017.

Staring with first drop of klon from .5mg to .25 mg. Far to much a drop

2 weeks later started the traz drop. |It took from March 2017 unto Octobe,r 26 2017 to stop the traz. Then the balance of the klonopin from Oct 26 2017 ubtil Dec 9 2017. Again to fast for the klonopin.

Trazodone took about 7 months to wean off

I went through terrible withdrawals,

I am over 1 year off both of these, and still going through protracted withdrawal. |This has been the worst thing \i have ever gone through.

Yes the physical anxiety is still here. But because this is protracted for me, you do not know whenther this is origional anxiety or protracted withdrawal.

Daily I have waves and windows. But my windows are getting longer and the waves are shorter. You just never know when a waves will hit, and it is hard to plan things

The whole thing sucks !!!

• Posted

if you have been off for a year, thats real good, think you might have went to fast but you did. i have used alot as i was youngers but a year in withdrawal can't be. a withdrawal on herion etc. is about 2 months and gradually got better trust me. maybe it sounds to me it;s your anxiety that can be difficult to deal with that might be confused with the withdrawal there is no drug if you haven;t used in a year which good for you will still leave a withdrawal it's just impossible. if you mind can i ask your age and where your from as i think you should be seeing a professional on this it may be some other issues thay lay here, i have to give you credit for quiting both but at the same time i would have never been able to to that. i truly want you to feel better if i were you i would go to a drug counselor, they have a med the will controll and will make you withdrawal free trust me been withdawal would never last that long. maybe

while quitting both at same time increased your anxiety bigtime which can make it feel like a withdrawal. you seem to be going thru alot gee guy go and get some help you can't live like that this it's been going on to long/. if you had a withdrawal still you would never be able to sleep (at all you would have convulsions. man take the time and talk to a good mental doctor on to get you back on your feet go on a outpatient and get this issue behind you. there are alot of good drugs for anxiety man seriously seek a good doc out and make this all past tense. i think you might be going thru severe anxiety which is fixable give it a try you dont want to live this way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.