Tremors and Menier

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am suffering for last 2 yrs with Menieres.

I used to have hand tremors for long time since my teens. I am 48 now.

After the onset of Meniers, my hand tremors also increased and it feels terrible when I am out side or dealing with some work where I had to write something or sign some forms. My hands feel so shaky. Also I feel so anxious and dry mouth during those situations.

Apart from being dizzy and imbalanced, this shaky tremors makes life really debilitating..

Anyone else experienced such issues ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

anxiety around your illness can certainly make the tremors worse. A few questions....

what medicines are you taking to manage your anxiety?

what medicines and diet changes are you taking to manage your Meniere's Disease?

Have you been seen by a neurologist for your tremors?

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks Tanney, I have an appointment with neuro next week.

I am on amitryptiline medication for my migraine.

• Posted

are you sure that you have Meniere's Disease? Were you tested for it (Vestibular testing)? Did you have a hearing test? If you are certain you do have MD have you tried Betahistine (prescription required)?

• Posted

that's interesting. Migranes are known for causing MD. Glad you do not have vertigo but I'm sure you agree that dizziness and unbalance are pretty bad. Have you thought about going through vestibular rehab therapy? I went through it twice and it's a benign process that takes about 6-8 weeks twice/week with a therapist (with daily practice at home) Most folks that complete VRT have much improved balance and less dizziness. I very highly recommend it. Good Luck!

• Posted

hi , i also have menieres disease & have ear loss , plus ive just started getter hand tremors .

There awful arent they .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.