Trimalleolar Fracture - Recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 11 weeks post op ORIF surgery for Trimalleolar Fracture with dislocation. I've had a couple of Physio appointment where I've been given stretching exercises as the ankle is very stiff. At my last appointment physio told me to transition from boot to a trainer (or sandal due to swelling) to continue to use crutches (so not weight bearing) and do some standing exercises transferring weight from left to right whilst supported. My foot is very swollen and exercises very difficult. Any views on how long its going to take before I am walking unaided and any ideas on rehabilitation.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Shelley

Just wondered how you have been doing since you posted.

I am 4 weeks since surgery for trimallelor fractures and currently allowed to partially weight bear with airboot and crutches. I was surprised to be told this after 2.5 weeks since surgery.

I'm not getting on great with the boot as I find it so difficult to get my heel the whole way down and it's heavy and tight with the swelling. Really hoping the swelling eases soon.

I have booked to begin private physio next week as I can't get in to NHS therapy until next month.

Hope you're doing well.

Shelley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.