Triptan withdrawal for MOH - any advice of success stories

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi - i am going to stop the Sumatriptan this Friday and would appreciate any advice or sucess stories.

I have daily migraine/headache and sumatriptan is the only thing that works but also making it all worse.

I am taking a week off work, cancelled everything in the diary, have bought a TENS machine for neck and shoulders, started a low dose of amiltriptyline as a preventative and got anti sickness tabs from my GP.

Any other suggesstion to help with the pain without medication?

x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You might have tried this before but as soon as you feel a migraine coming out your hands and feet in hot water and put an ice pack on your neck. Well to be honest I just run a hot bath, put an ice pack on my neck and make sure the bathroom is pitch black, it genuinely calms the pain for me. Not a cure but worth a shot.

• Posted

Hi just wondering how you are getting on without the pain meds. My neurologist wants me stop taking mine so he can try get me into a trial.. like you I have chronic daily migraine and headache so don't know how to do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.