Trying to figure out what s going on with me!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 51 been thru menopause, approx month ago I noticed blood on t/paper sometimes more than others, had CT scan and UTI test nothing but blood showed n urine, some pain in abdomen and lower. Trying to figure out what this could b next appt n 2 weeks urologist, just worried, can anyone help with any answers or suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Teresa -- I'm 66, and had a male cystourethroscopy last November because I had blood in urine.  No problems elsewhere.   Any blood in urine needs to be looked at, so checking the inside of the bladder is usually the last step.  In the bladder, there can be bleeding, but it doesn't always mean bladder cancer.  

If you are concerned about the procedure itself,  I recommend that you call the urologist's office and ask to speak with one of the staff who can answer your questions.  I called my urologist's office to confirm that I would be given a local anesthetic before the scope was inserted into me, which was confirmed.  Also, my urologist used a flexible scope (not a rigid one), which is more comfortable.  With anesthetic gel and the flexible scope, I had a very pleasant experience, no pain, bleeding or burning sensations, and would not hesitate to have another procedure done.  

The best thing to do right now is call the office and have all of your questions answered.  It is really a very straight-forward procedure, and takes only about 20 minutes for the whole thing, prep and all.  Please don't worry.

Best regards,

Alan 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.