Trying to have a baby with PCOS

Posted , 8 users are following.

25, and trying to conceive with irregular periods, a little underweight and PCOS. Any success stories out there, how long does it take? is it even possible? Currently taking folic acid, and metformin (1 dose, 500 mg)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

From what my gynocolgyst advises me, its very possible, just watch your sugar the slightest gram of it can ruin your chances. I have lately done research on ways to naturally alieve my symptems without the meds. google herbs that remove cysts naturally there are literally gobbs of them that are safe for everyday consumption that you can ask your dr if is safe for you.
  • Posted

I don't know if this was just a coincidence, but one of my friend was diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, was put on Metformin and got pregnant 4 days after she started the medication. I have heard though, that it is very common to get pregnant once you start taking Metformin. Good luck!
  • Posted

How has the metformin helped you with your PCOS symptoms?

I have read that alot of women had success when using clomid and metformin.

I am not trying to concive and so have started taking Antagolin and i am considering metformin.

• Posted

Hi Hun.. It is indeed very possible. I myself have pcos and fell pregnant about a year and a bit after coming off all pills and medication.

I wish you all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.