Trying to quit smoking with a vape, advice?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I’ve decided to give my vape another go. The issue I have is I can’t find a decent flavour juice to help! I usually smoke Sterling or B&H dual. So any flavours that aren’t just mint?

Also, I find myself not able to get a satisfying pull from my vape. It’s really frustrating as I want to quit but I just don’t get the same satisfaction as I do from a cigarette. 

Any advice is much appreciated. 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well finding some decent juice with decent taste is quite easy, you should probably go to a vape shop and ask them what they're best juices are and ask if they have a juice that's higher than 6mg so that you get atleast a little bit more satisfaction from your vape.

• Posted

That's what I did with my vape. I found a strawberry taste the best for me to get pleasure and forget about cigarettes 

• Posted

The 5 Best Ways to Quit Smoking 

1. Make a Quit Plan 

2. Stay Busy 

3. Stay Positive 

4. Avoid Smoking Triggers 

5. Ask for Help 

From 

kavita suthar 

Fast Escrow Refills

• Posted

Think about trying some of these activities:

Exercise.

1. Get out of the house for a walk.

2. Chew gum or hard candy.

3. Keep your hands busy with a pen or toothpick, or play a game in the QuitGuide app.

4. Drink lots of water.

5. Relax with deep breathing.

6. Go to a movie.

7. Spend time with non-smoking friends and family.

From 

Kinjal 

Fast Escrow Refills

• Posted

My advice from personal experience would be to lose the vape. Obviously the approach that works for one person may not work for another, but I'll share my experience in hopes that it might help someone. I've tried quitting cold turkey in the past, but with no replacement distraction. I've tried with patches and gum, and vaping. I'll just focus on vaping.

No doubt that vaping seems inherently safer and healthier, but vaping is a lot of work. You have to find the right flavor (granted anything has to be better than cigarette smoke, right? So why are we all so finicky about it?), the right vape, the right settings, the right coil, and you have to have enough batteries on hand to get you through the day. Basically, you're still feeding the nicotine addiction with vaping, and when things would go wrong with my vape, I would eventually end up buying a pack of cigarettes. Especially in times of high stress. So - here's what has *actually* worked for me so far without little to no pain.

(1) I quit cold turkey 2 days before Christmas. I flew to FL to spend the holiday with my family. I did not have access to transportation during the trip, and no convenience stores within walking distance. Plus, it would have been totally awkward to sneak out in search of a cigarette. I am a TOTAL closet smoker when it comes to my  family.  If possible, quit during a time when you will be around people you don't feel comfortable smoking around for a few days. Try to go somewhere that won't have your usual triggers or situations and preferably somewhere you won't be able to sneak off and buy any nicotine products as easily.

(2) A week later, when I got back home and was around my typical triggers, I bought and assembled puzzles almost every waking moment while at home. This gave me something to do with my hands, and something to focus on very intently. This COMPLETELY distracted me from any cravings. It's also something you can leave and come back to any time you have a craving. 

(3) I don't give myself permission, or make myself think it's ok to vape. It really does just feed the addiction, and from personal experience I know that when vaping fails me too frequently in times of high stress (rapidly burned out coils being one of the most prominent and annoying for me) I would go right back to smoking.

(4) I avoid even talking about the act of smoking. 

Stay super busy and distracted, and don't feed the addiction with anything - chemically, physically, or psychologically - not vaping, not gum, not patches, nothing. This is what I've had the most success with so far. Puzzles are the key for me as silly as that seems.

• Posted

Hi. I was trying to stop for ages, Last year i ordered my first ecigarette. And because i could not get rid of the habit to hold cigarette this one from Vapour2 was exactly what i needed. Ecig what looks like real one. Have started with tobacco flavors first but now i mostly use or menthol or fruity ones ...they have nice selection. It produce also good vapor and few weeks back i could even manage to use lower intensity of nicotine...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.