TSH 0.54 and T4 11.2

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My mum has an underactive thyroid and is on 75 of Thyroxine. She recently had a blood test done and her TSH came back as 0.54 and T4 as 11.2. How do we interpret these results? She requested the blood test because she thought her Thyroxine needed upping,

Many Thanks

Jade

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade, you don't say how your Mum is feeling, is she well? When you post blood results you really need to post the ranges, all labs have their own ranges. Ask the surgery for a print out of the results with the ranges, then it is possible to see where the results lie within the range.

• Posted

Hi Jade, I found with the meds, that I had to have my numbers on the high end of normal to get any relief at all. And that my TSH was zeroed out, likely because my TSH was never very high.

I should say though, that the meds didn't really work for me at any dose, because  when they were high enough to actually help, the side effects were also increased dramatically, so my health continued to decline while on the meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.