Turmeric YAY!!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Here is my story. Took 2 out of the 3 Hepatitis C vaccine at work as part of the EMT training. Developed oral lichen planus and after scouring the web found a link between the two. Also, read about a study in India that cured OLP with turmeric. 

I got turmeric sticks and ground them in a coffee grinder and started applying on the sores. It seemed to give instant pain relief and acted as a pain killer. But within 2 weeks I'm seeing marked improvement in my sores. It used to hurt when I yawned, talked too much etc. I don't anymore. It still hurts when I eat spicy or acidic foods but I'm going to continue applying turmeric to see if it goes away completely. 

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

keep us updated because nothing has made mine better

• Edited

Dear donna. You have to use turmeric for more than 3 months. You can search on ncbi for that research. 9 out 10 patients were cured with turmeric in 3 months.  I hope it will work.
  • Posted

Brilliant! Keep us posted! And hope you continue to improve. 😊x

• Posted

Thanks for the tip.  I'm not sure whether or not I'm developing OLP.  I have LS and LP elsewhere on the body but recently have been suffering from the corners of my mouth cracking and bleeding.  Also keep getting tiny ulcers on my tongue.  Went to my GP this week to ask if he thought it could be LS/LP starting in my mouth and he said he couldn't see any sign of it.  I am, however, not convinced as I have not suffered from these sorts of problems in my mouth in the past.  Not sure how OLP starts but would welcome your comments.

• Posted

Mine started as a small wound on the back of my tongue on the side. At first I thought I had bit my tongue and left it to heal. After couple of weeks when I visited my dentist she didn't know either and asked me to keep an eye and if it didn't heal in the next 2 weeks then I should see an oral surgeon to make sure it wasn't cancer. After 4 weeks the condition got worse to the point that I couldn't eat my regular food. Oral surgeon looked at it and diagnosed it as OLP.

As far as I've read, turmeric has no side effects. If you wish you can try applying turmeric on your sores and see if it helps. What amazed me was how it even gave me pain relief.

• Posted

I find turmeric helps a lot but I’ve had to stop taking the capsules because they thin the blood and i was getting bruising everywhere which frightened me.
  • Edited

So glad that tumeric worked for you. I tried the capsules but didn't work at all. I'll try grinding he tumeric sticks and see if that helps.

THX!

• Edited

Wow... great to read some good, positive info regarding treatment of OLP!  Thank you
  • Edited

Just to give an update - My OLP is under control. There is one sore point(this is the same spot where it first started from) under my tongue which recedes and increases. Spicy and acidic foods definitely aggravate it. My OLP is not completely gone but definitely 75% relief just by using something natural as opposed to steroids. My tolerance level for spicy foods has definitely gone down. I'm Indian so curries are my daily staple.

• Posted

Could someone please share as to how they apply turmeric and for how long or do they rinse it after some time ?

• Posted

Bavesh you can rub the turmeric stick on a stone or rough rock (clean the rock well prior to use ) by adding few drops of water. It will form a good paste you can apply the paste on the affected areas. If you have open Sores you will feel a stinging pain which will subside in two or 3 minutes.

• Posted

Rita did you get a cure after applying turmeric. Any updates, as i am suffering from olp under steroid treatment and looking out for alternatives. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.