Twitching muscles when I sneeze and close eye

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all really at the end of my patience with my symtpoms . im aged 24 male good health suffer with anxiety and very bad health anxiety.

In Feb 2021 i got muscle twifches a blood test in april came back clear and the symptoms seemed to go away until end of august when my left lower eyelid started none stop some days ofher days nothing. this has progressed to my right eyebrown now. i can force the muscle under my left eye to contract simply by shutting the eye and sneezing. i went to an optician on saturday who presribed glasses due to eye strain as i work long hours in front of a screen. just wondering if eye strain twitches can be caused by shutting the eye and sneezing ??? since this has started to bother me the musles all over my body have started twitching again. can someone offer advice as irs ruining my mental health.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

anyone ?

• Posted

my right eye twitches most day, some days its all day. I also get a really weird pulling sort of sensation in my right eye at the top, its a weird horrible feeling. I also get floaters and other things. Ive had my eyes tested and ive seen a neurologist to who says everything is normal and is probably anxiety. I have terrible health anxiety and i hope this helps you a bit!

• Posted

thanks so much i can make mine twitch by shuttign it / sneezing and its now both eyes affected. really hope its just anxiety 😦

• Posted

me too!! It stops then i shut my eyes to see if it still does it then it happens again and i get annoyed lol. I think it is. Do you have the weird pulling sensation im talking about? its at the too of my right it, feels like tension or something is pulling in. its weird and horrible

• Posted

Hi yeah i do get tbat. my twitching is all over mt body to be fair and has been for like 10 months now though it did seem to stop in summer but that may have heen when my anxiety was gone and i didnt noticr it. i feel as tho anxiety may be the cause to be honest as ive had the teitches so long now that if it was sinister surely i would know by now ?

• Edited

hi!! i have the same problem !!! in both eyes! your eyes have stop now???

• Posted

Hi katia93282, I was experiencing eye twitching in both eyes while I was hyperthyroid. It was very annoying, especially while driving. It disappeared after my thyroid hormone levels normalized.

If you are otherwise well and healthy and like your coffee, you could try to limit your intake of caffeine (e.g. coffee, black tea, coca cola). For example, you could switch to decaffeinated coffee, well, if that applies to at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.