Unable to breathe well when I lay down - can not sleep well

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I am a 32 year old male; 6'2", and about 205lbs. I have been having tons of issues breathing. When I lay down to go to bed, I am not able to breathe out well through my nose. I feel like the back of my sinus 'relax' and block my airway when I lay down. And it sound like I snore even when I am awake. It is vey hard to breathe normally.

I tried using Flonase, rinsing using a Neti Pot and also a humidifier but now it is not helping much at all. It used to help open the nostrils and nasal passageway some. But now the issue is super persistent. I am feeling even more tired and drowsy during the day. At night when I try to sleep, I end up waking up cause I am unable to breathe or my mouth is super dry. Sometimes sleeping on my side slightly relieve some of the nasal congestion - though I can still hear the snoring when I try to just breathe regularly or relax. I have been trying to sleep in a recliner instead but I am still unable to breathe effectively. I wake up now over a dozen times at night. I used to get up 5:30am and sleep around 11:00-11:30pm but now i am way too exhausted and try to sleep till 7 or almost 8:00am

It is hard to breathe in and out of my nose when I relax. This is super frustrating cause I feel massive brain fog constantly throughout the day and don't have the energy to do much (massive fatigue)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.