uncomfortable red patch at back of throat

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, i am 18 years old and a couple days ago i came down with a nasty flu or something, caught from my mum. i havent really had any issue with a runny nose or anything but ive had a sore throat and nasty dry cough and feverish. ive definitely improved but just last night i got this uncomfortable feeling of having something stuck in the back of my throat. often when i swallow theres this weird sensation and it feels really strange and uncomfortable and i can constantly feel something at the back of my throat. at first i thought my uvula was inflamed (it does seem to be a little red and has some red spots on it) but when i looked just now i saw this red raised patch at the very back of my throat. i have looked and cant seem to find anything like it!! i dont rlly know how i feel about uploading an image but i will describe as best i can. i have seen cobblestone throat and that seems to be the closest possible thing so far but instead of several raised bumps it seems to be just one largeish raised red/pinkish patch. i havent been able to sleep properly (currently 6:27am and i woke at 3:30) because it feels so uncomfortable, especially when im laying down. idk if its irritated because of the coughing since i havent actually caught flu/a cold/covid in about 4 or 5 years (i do not know how considering the rest of my family gets sick like 3 times a year lmao). water helps to soothe it but at this point im getting concerned ive consumed more than the healthy daily amount of water. it does seem to feel a bit better now than it did at least or maybe ive just gotten used to the sensation....i am going to try taking some lozenges throughout the day and having some hot chocolate and soup and maybe sucking on some ice. but does anyone know exactly what this is because otherwise my health anxiety is going to spiral and start convincing me i have cancer and am going to die 😄

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

okay think i may have just been dramatic when i said it was large its not as big as i thought it was my brain just twists things to make it worse for myself. that or it shrunk in a couple hours.

think it may just be cobblestone throat actually

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.