Uncomfortable swelling sensation under right rib

Posted , 16 users are following.

So for the past couple months or so Ive been experiencing an uncomfortable swelling sensation under my right rub or right along the right rib. I panicked and thought "oh no it's my liver" or "oh no it's my gallbladder"(my appendix has been removed) . It comes and goes and I notice it more if I bend over to lean on something or if I'm sitting down kind of bent over. Today was feeling it and decided to push on it and it went away... Kinda. Now I feel it has move down my lower belly and to the side. I'm planning on going I and seeing my doctor but am truly puzzled and slightly concerned. It's never sharp shooting pains but an uncomfortable swelling sensation.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have this too. It sort of feels like stitch. I thought mine was a hernia. My Doctor said people don't get hernias under their rib cages. Do you strain when you have a bowel movement? That is where my swelling came from. I had strained my muscles, causing tender, throbbing and swelling.

• Posted

Do you get these symptoms after eating?   If you do, try a food diary to see if you have a food intolerance,  Have you eaten anything you would not normally eat?  Tests should show up the problem
  • Posted

Did you find out what this was?   I have exact same symptom. 
    • Posted

I have the same thing. Something swelling occasionally under my right rib and really annoying when bent over or laying on my side. Sometimes it swells so much I can have difficulty breathing.
  • Posted

I stopped drinking and eating all dairy products and it has almost disappeared.  Some chocolate and or peanut butter seems to agitate it still.    Also a facial  rash I had been getting is also clearing up.  All of this swelling  seemed to happen to me after being on some strong antibiotics? For other unrelated issues.  
    • Posted

Stephen, I have same issue when driving. Pressure under ribs front and back, nausea also. Have appt. with Dr. next week, have you pursued it or just deal with it? Starting to make me crazy. Thanks.

• Posted

I had better luck with extreme diet change. Minimal dairy, no sugar, caffeine, avoid as much grease as possible, lots of high fiber vegetables and pretty much only water to drink. Also drank a glass of fiber drinkmix and Lemon juice and honey cleans in water every morning which helped. I also took a magnesium vitamin supplement which reduces water. Its almost completely gone but sometimes coffee or certain foods will trigger it when I stray away.If it goes away when you eliminate almost everything you can gradually introduce things back to find your triggers and avoid them.

• Posted

Hello , I know it was long time ago but did you found out what it was? I have the same symptoms including nausea . Went to emergency room, they did CAT scan and found nothing but I still have the symptoms , and nausea after eating .

• Posted

did you ever figure out what this was? im having the EXACT same thing. started to notice it about 2 months ago mainly when i drive because you sit kinda slouched forward...at least i do. seems more noticeable in the car. never really a pain but a dull pressure feeling like somebody inflated a balloon under my ribs.

• Posted

did you ever figure out what it was? I have the same problem and I am getting worried

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.