Undiagnosed symptoms making my life terrible, please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

When i was 11 i was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism/ Hashimoto's. That never really affected me at all besides dry skin and brittle hair. When i was 17 (about 5 years ago) i got rechecked at my annual appointment and they found that my thyroid had somehow became normal and i no longer need medication. So a couple years go by (late 2016) and at this time i am working a part-time job and going to college, i start throwing up in the mornings. it was always stomach acid and i always felt better as soon as i'm done. So i brushed it off because i didn't really have time to go to the doctor. About 4 months after that, i wake up one morning in the worst stomach pain of my life and projectile vomiting ever 3-4 minutes. i went to the ER, had elevated blood pressure and was giving tramodol. it had no affect on the pain so they have me morphine, which also didn't help. i ended up getting Diladud and it barely helped. Was sent home and told to call my PCP. This problem starts happening every few days and it's getting worse. went to 3 gastrointestinal doctors and 3 different PCP with no results. i did mulitiple HIDA scans, C-T scans, upper endoscopes and biopsies. All came back 100% healthy. I eventually lost 75+ pounds and was told "your body is in starvation mode" but i was healthy. After almost a year of that, it randomly stops. i start gaining weight again and i get back healthy. I have a good few months and feel great. By early 2019 i'm sick again. but it's not just my stomach this time, it's my head and my whole body. i get tender spots all over my legs for no reason, my neck stays stiff 24/7 and if i try to actually get up and be productive, my neck has tremors that night and i can't control it. i don't sleep anymore at all because of how uncomfortable i am at night. i always have a headaches, no appetite, severe fatigue, i have a heat and light sensitivity and i have the worst brain fog. i can't think straight and i almost feel like i'm in a dream. The mornings are the worst for me. i cry the first 2-3 hours i'm up because i can't handle it. i know this is a lot and it's all random, but if you have any suggestions please send them my way. I need answers and doctors tell me it's just in my head. They literally tell me i'm crazy and i know i'm not. Thank you!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you gotten checked for an autoimmune disease by chance? If not, you should consider it.

• Posted

Please look into CIRS as well. When untreated it can cause problems with the thyroid and Hashimotos! Perhaps at the year point when you felt a little better you moved into a new place? Id check your current home for mold.

• Posted

hi Alyssa,

i can't believe how easily some doctors throw around the idea that every mystery illness is "i n your head". there is an answer to all your symptoms, you just need to find a doctor, maybe internist, to take the time. have you been tested for lyme? sorry you're suffering and i hope you get well soon. let us know how it goes, take care...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.