unintentional weight loss

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I am a seventeen-year-old girl and have lost weight unintentionally. I don't exactly know in what a time period it happened, because I don't weigh myself regularly, but I'm pretty sure that about a year ago, I was 50 kilos, and now I'm only around 47. I am 161 cm of height. I go to grammar school and this past year has indeed been particulary stressful, causing me to worry a lot as well as eat rather little. But could just that really be the reason behind such a weight loss? I went to see a doctor about it, and he ran some blood tests (thyroid included), everything came out "perfect", as he said. He also examined me briefly and concluded by saying that he doesn't think there's anything serious going on and sent me home. But I can't get rid of the anxious feeling that there's something wrong with me, and I don't know what else I can do. On some sites and forums they say it's probably nothing, and on some they are practically diagnosing me with cancer. This freaks me out. Please help and share your opinion/experiences. Thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Nervous stress and stress could affect weight loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.