Unit?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am not a medically minded person so apologies if I’m not saying this right. I have recently been given medication that I have to inject and an app on my phone to record it. 

I just used the medication for the first time and tried to record it on the app but it asks for units?

The vial says it’s 1ml with 15mcg of the medication and I use about 1 1/2 vials, the syringe I use is a 2.5ml one and I fill to 1.8ml. 

What do they mean by unit and how do I work out how many I have?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know the app you are using, but I have an app that allows me to log medications. For each prescribed drug, I have an entry describing it, including the units of measure. For example, I have "Morphine Oral Solution 10mg/5ml"  with the unit set as "ml". When I take a dose, I specify how many ml.

In your case, I would guess the app has a similar set up for your medication. You might have the unit set as ml or mcg (which my app also has as an option). Once it's set up, when you administer the drug, you simply record the numeric quantity, such as 1.8 in your example.

I hope this is helpful.

• Posted

I don't know the app you are using, but I have an app that allows me to log medications. For each prescribed drug, I have an entry describing it, including the units of measure. For example, I have "Morphine Oral Solution 10mg/5ml"  with the unit set as "ml". When I take a dose, I specify how many ml.

In your case, I would guess the app has a similar set up for your medication. You might have the unit set as ml or mcg (which my app also has as an option). Once it's set up, when you administer the drug, you simply record the numeric quantity, such as 1.8 in your example.

I hope this is helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.