Unprovoked Embolism, age 30

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. It has been an exhausted 5 months. In october I started getting rectal pain/pressure feeling as well as a change in bowel habits. I had a colonoscopy done as well as a HRA anoscopy and both came back clean. I've also had back pain on and off for a few months in my middle back, which I have an mri scheduled for next week. My urologist wanted to get a CT of my abdomin/pelvis with contrast just to rule out other more serious things before she diagnosed Pelvic pain syndrome. A few doctors think my pain and symptoms are caused by anxiety and fear of Cancer. Well I am lucky I asked for the ct bc it incidentally found a small suspicious pulmonary embolism in my lower lung. Went to the ER and they did a CTA of my lungs and found it to be 2 small embolisms. My oxygen levels were 99% and I didnt really have symptoms. I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights and they did a ton of blood work which I'm still waiting on. They also repeated the Ab/pelvis ct with contrast and they found no abnormalities l, although the first ct showed rectal wall thickening and sigmoid colon thickening, which could have explained the rectal pressure. I am now taking eliquis while they wait for the blood results. I consider myself lucky and thankful I found it when it did, but I'm also even more anxious than ever because I am worried that a cancer caused these embolisms l, as I have read that it is a known risk factor. I have no family history of clots. The only think I can think of is my roadtrip 4 months ago from Fl to Tennessee which is about 10 hours each way, we only really stopped once briefly. Also when I got back i started having the back pain which made me miss a lot of work and I laid on the couch for a ton of time. Would you feel comfortable attributing these are provoking factors? I am tired of living in fear of cancer, I was about to ask my girlfriend to marry me in September before all of this and I feel like I have so many things going on at once now. Back pain, rectal pain, embolism, I cant even repeat a colonoscopy now for at least a month. I feel like I am on my own with this medical stuff now and I don't know where to attack all this. I would really appreciate some advice. Also are CT Angiograms where they look at lungs able to detect lung cancer? I don't think a hospital looking specifically at my lungs through ct would miss a mass, but I wasnt sure if that type of ct would see it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh also I forgot to mention I have an an anal itch for a good 3 months now as well, I had an external hemorrhoid but that has shrunk down and then itch remains

• Posted

Pat,

Do you have any reason to believe you have cancer, if not stop worrying, the more you worry and keep thinking you have something eventually it can manifest. Having lots of x-rays are not good for your body, putting so much radiation into your body will create problems in the long run. Itching anus goes with hemorrhoids. You probably need to stop worrying too much about your health and find something to occupy your mind. If you have no side effects from the apixaban, take the three month course, then move on with your life.

• Posted

have you had any instances of a blood clot while taking Eliquis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.