unsure if i have threadworms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had threadworms as a child a few times. i started having similar symptoms a couple of weeks ago. i would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night once or twice because of an itching/tickling sensation. but it would usually go away.

after a while, i took a dosage of reese's. ever since, i have not woken up in the night, but now i feel the sensation during the daytime. i never saw any worms, but i still cleaned everything, wash my hands obsessively, change my bedsheets daily, etc. i do not know if i even had them in the first place, but i do not know what else it could be.

does anyone have any suggestions?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm a veteran of a long term threadworm infestation! (Not something I talk about at dinner parties!!). If you have a persistent itching (albeit intermittent), I suggest examining your stools for worms. They are very thin and usually around 1cm long and will wriggle around.

If you do have them, I highly recommend using vaseline/coconut butter or something with similar properties and applying it regularly to your bottom. I applied it morning,noon and night and after everytime that I did a number 2. This was the only thing that worked for me. I've read it works because the vaseline catches the eggs and stops them from fertilizing. It also kills the egg laying females.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.