Unusual/undiagnosed Hip Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just seen the 2nd doctor who has no idea what is causing the pain in my Hip joint.Pain is near the groin, and also near the hip bone, and on the outside of leg, it encompasses the entire front of joint without pain in the buttocks or back of joint area, but deep in the joint. MRI w Contrast and CT scan along with Xrays all look really good, there are some cysts in the joint but they do not think those are the cause of the pain. The leg hurts the worst when I sit for any period of time where the position of my Knee is higher than my hip or squatting. I have very little rotation of that hip in comparison to the opposite hip. When the leg is extended or I am laying on my back the entire leg goes numb/pins and needles.

Does anyone have ideas what the cause could be?

I thank you in advance for any input you might have.

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi perhaps it is a tear in the hip labral, only my surgeon found the tears in my mri scan the scan people did not notice them but when the surgeon pointed to the tears on the scan it was obvious, I have pain in the same areas but my tears sometimes click and occasionally catch which is very painful, all the best.

• Posted

thank you for the suggestion, I will investigate this through the images I have and compare them with known tears.

have a great weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.