update day 6

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone, well I'm sure like many of our hippies that hail from the swingin 60's you have been shocked a saddened by the news of Cilla Blacks death, I grew up listening to her and dusty, the beatles etc. it's like another piece of my happy school days has been lost, anyway Iv'e been having a quiet day, the new hip is a bit stiff and sore, but I'm doing my exercises and trying to eat healthy, but my appetite has not yet returned, ice packs are great on the wound site, 2moro I get the first dressing change, I'l take a pic and post it if anyone's interested,the weather up here has been overcast and muggy, , hope it's been sunny whereever you are, ohh and the chest rash is going away and stopped itching since I started useing neosporin anti itch cream.I hope to get out on wed, for a wee trip to the store

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne,

yes the news about Cilla is so sad and reminds us to appreciate every moment we have. Getting my new hip last September changed my life. Sounds like you are doing well. Best wishes, Betty

• Posted

Yes I've just been watching the BBC News,I'm hope she didn't  suffer as it sounds as tho she was on her own. I too remember her well during my teenage years along with Dusty and the Beatles etc.they were all very much part of my growing up.

I'm 12 weeks post op and it seems an age since my op. I'm still stiff in the mornings and after I've sat for a while but I can honestly say it's gone far better than I thought, my plan is to get fit enough over the next 9/10 months to go back to horse riding something I thought I would never do again.

Sleep well to all you hippies whether it be on your back or side with a pillow between your knees, I can't imagine being without it now x

• Posted

Hi Lynne

Glad you are doing OK

Yes, so sad about Cilla - she was so much a part of my teenage years. I can remember what I was doing when I hear her songs and it brings back such happy memories. Yes, it's like losing something quite precious.

It will do you good to get out for a bit, so hope you are able to make your trip on Wednesday. Lovely sunny day here in North Warwickshire. Walking quite a bit unaided now - my hip sometimes feels just like my own and at times I forget I've had it done! 8 weeks on Wednesday since my op - what a difference in those 8 weeks. Feel I am getting my life back - I had the arthritic pain for so long that you forget what 'normal' feels like.

Glad you are on the mend - every day will get better for you!

Hope you have a good night

All good wishes Linda xx

• Posted

Hi Lynne,

Yes such sad news, I grew up with her on the TV as a child. It hit the news early yesterday in Australia. Appears it was kind of unexpected.

I loved the ice packs too, I used them on my knee and hip. Quiet days are good, enjoy the recharge😄

• Posted

yep such sad news about Cilla guess a lot of us on here are of the same era. The weaather hee has been very hot and muggy lots of sun, went to the docs and had my ear shringed just see how it goes now. Went for a lovely walk in Sandringham had scampi and chips for tea not had them in ions, had 2 ice packs on my feet and ankles they seem to be suffering bacdly at the minute. So glad you managed to stop the itching, you will probably feel a lot better too if you can get out if only for half an hour Love Gill xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Lynne ..

I didn't know about Cilla Black ... I just moved to a bungalow park and darn it< they donlt have cable so no bbc for me (i live in holland) -- i remember her so well and all the others ... seems like last week, doesn't it?  i realize that part of this journey also triggers "getting up there"  emotions for me ... ver confrontatuonal to be back here after 34 years living in los angeles ... well, this topic is for another type of forum ...

enjoy your day, darling - take it easy - take deep breaths and know that all is well ..

warm hug

renee

they="" donlt="" have="" cable="" so="" no="" bbc="" for="" me="" (i="" live="" in="" holland)="" --="" i="" remember="" her="" so="" well="" and="" all="" the="" others="" ...="" seems="" like="" last="" week,="" doesn't="" it?=""  i="" realize="" that="" part="" of="" this="" journey="" also="" triggers="" "getting="" up="" there"=""  emotions="" for="" me="" ...="" ver="" confrontatuonal="" to="" be="" back="" here="" after="" 34="" years="" living="" in="" los="" angeles="" ...="" well,="" this="" topic="" is="" for="" another="" type="" of="" forum="" ...="" enjoy="" your="" day,="" darling="" -="" take="" it="" easy="" -="" take="" deep="" breaths="" and="" know="" that="" all="" is="" well="" ..="" warm="" hug="" renee="">

enjoy your day, darling - take it easy - take deep breaths and know that all is well ..

warm hug

renee

>

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing well. Very sad about cCilla. Barbara Windsor was talking about her on TV and said the last time shecwas talking to her, she was concerned about her hearing , eyesight and arthritis. I for one could relate to that. Please go easy with the shopping. So easy to overdo it.
  • Posted

Morning all, well one week today, and the nurse just changed my dressing, she said alls good, and she will be back to take it off for good on friday, I slept well, and no morphine!! just co codemol at 10.30 last night, then nothing since!! whoopee!! so I'm all positive, looking for a wee holiday for later in the year, hoe everyone is doing fine whatever stage you are at on the hippy highway to freedom!! 

Love.

lynne x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.