Upper left back pain between shoulder blade an spine

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for a month now already after sleeping on some hard sofa for a few days I get this weird soreness between left shoulder blade and spine. What is interesting it flares up only when I straighten my back up and sort of drop my shoulders. It is quite deep, I can't feel it by touching a specific point. I tried doing some pressure massage with a tennis ball, and it does numb the soreness for like 30 minutes but then it comes back.

I do have a weak back though but I would want to know what kind of muscle from the upper back is responsible for dropping shoulders and straightening the back

Found online this gif relating to scapular setting, this exact movement is when I feel the soreness and discomfort on the left side between my shoulder blade and spine. If it gives some more clues.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have same thing. i have middle to upper soreness in back but if i drop shoulders from sitting up straight it is so tight and sore in left shoulder blade area! i blame it on working 40+ hours/week at a desk with not the best posture. you could find some exercises to do to strengthen the weak spot back there. ive been doing middle and upper back stretches and it's def helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.