Upper leg cramps both legs only when sleeping

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’m going on 7 weeks of the weirdest symptoms. I’ve been to my primary Dr, a sports medicine Dr and a Sleep Dr and none can confirm what’s going on. I see an Neuro Muscular Dr on Monday. This issue is only when I sleep so it’s not induced by body position. Once I fall asleep, I wake up every 1.5-2.0 hours every night and always on that schedule. I haven’t had one night making it 3 straight hours. When I wake up, my upper legs are really tight and when I straighten them they spasm and the cramp releases and I can go right back to sleep. This pattern continues night after night. I’ve tried everything, epsom salt baths, quinine, thc, CBD, prescription muscle relaxers, warm baths, stretching, foam roller, heat pad, ice…you name it and I’ve tried it. Has anyone heard of this before and have any suggestions that I can ask the neurologist about on Monday? I’ve also had sporadic muscle twitching since last March, 2022 but don’t have any muscle weakness. Thank you for any help.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Mike,

Your sleeplessness seems like mine. I have been trying a CPAP machine. It seems to help but it is not a panacea yet. I have to have more normality to my sleep schedule. For some reason I just can't go to bed until after midnight. I find much of my allegedly productive work happens after five o'clock.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.