Urinary tract infection

Posted , 8 users are following.

Dear hipies

Am 5 monthes post op I got urinary tract infectionDo i have to worried ? Is it possible the infection transmit for my new hip

Any advise is help full

šŸ˜©

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hiyab

Have you seen your GP and been given antibiotics ? If not do that ASAP.

Also you need to flush out the infection and the only way to do this is to keep hydrated. Thios means water or fruit juce not tea or coffee.

The mainĀ  reason for getting UTI's is dehydration. You need to drink 2 liters of fluid every day to stay healthy and that will help keewp infection away also.

• Posted

Ya starting drinking water thankyou
  • Posted

Hi. I had an urine infection and I did have to take antibiotics although I believe that only deep infections (like dental stuff) can transmit to your hip. Antibiotics are not good for us. Drink loads of water not juice as the bacteria feeds on the sugar in fruit juice. You should see your GP.Ā 
    • Posted

Thankyou dear I will start loads of water i wen to a doctor gave me antibiotics

Thankyo

• Posted

Cranberry juice, lots of it and anti-biotics. Get well soon.
  • Posted

Hi Hi jab

Good morning...

Unusually...as a bloke I got one a couple of years ago. Antibiotics did not work but cranberry juice and lots water did. Maybe do both!

After my hip op I was advised my kidneys were vulnerable after the anaesthesia and catheter...and to drink one litre of water daily

Get well soon

Warmly

Mic

• Posted

Hello hijab Your urinary tract infection will not interfere with your hipĀ 
  • Posted

dear hiyab

uti will not transmit to your hip

I had a uti right after it was discharged from thr. ..it sucked, is an understatement. ...

take some unsweetened yoghurt. .This will balance the antibiotics.

feel better soon, sweetheart

wa hug

Reneeā¤

• Posted

Most UTI's are localised within the tract. Prompt correct antibiotic treatment works well and quickly. If your symptoms do not improve go back to GP, be sure and finish the antibiotics

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.