Urination Problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys, I'm a 25 yr old male and i've recently been on Setraline for the passed 4 weeks now due to suffer from depression and anxiety since 19. The first week i had a burst of energy and was waking up and being much more productive and social. 

After a couple of weeks going by I notice that I was having difficulty urinating properly, It felt like I needing to strain and when i was able to the pee only small amounts came out. this is getting worser as days go on. I was wondering if anyone else has had these side effects, I've always had other sided effects such as tiredness, heart palpitation and dizziness but i seen these were common side effects. I also should mention I suffer from IBS so im on the laxative to help combat that. Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I’m a female and have been taking it for a couple of years. I have a similar side effect - difficult to start the stream.  Everyone laughs when I say I’m going to pee real quick. It’s a normal side effect. Hopefully the benefits outweigh the cost..
  • Posted

Hi Scott, curious if the pee issues went away for you on zoloft? I'm on week 4 and having the same issues as you and considering tapering off of it. i can work through it if i knew this would eventually normalize, but been 5 days now and very annoying. thanks

• Posted

its called urinary hesitancy, i got it when i took celexa and it did get better but it took a goos month at least to level out. i even went to the doctor and thats when we figured it out.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Out of all the side effects, this is the worst one by far for me. I'll ride it out a bit and hope for improvement. Thanks!

• Posted

yeah i have the same thing, in the mornings wake up busting to wee and its slow coming out

• Posted

same here. it's quite alternating for me. sometimes I have no issue. sometimes it's like i need to go and I can't, or just a few drops. I'm on sertraline 150mg a day.

think I had same issue when started with SSRI's with Citalopram as well. But thank God, sertraline it's better for my mental health.

It's encouraging to know that I'm not the only one with this pickle issue 😁😅

• Posted

you have no idea the relief of finding this post, im on setraline 150mg. had my medication for more then 15 years. I smoke hash once in awhile too ,im someone already coming from ptsd trauma but im glad i dont have to worry that it was something uknown. been having anxious thoughts these last years, even got my blood tested once and urine when i had a panic attack so i knew nothing showed up wrong. its exactly like you guys/women described it. sending love to all fellow antidepressent users ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.