Urine Cytology

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please advise. My urine cytology report stated negative for malignancy. Hematuria and inflammation present. Degenerative urothelial cells present. CT scan normal. Cytoscope normal. First urologist stated degenerative cells are normal but second urologist told me urine cytology needs to be repeated in 6 months. Im worried about carcinoma situ and flat lesions could have been missed during cytoscope. If I went to Mayo hospital in Phoenix would they do a blue light cytoscope if I requested it. Thanks. Matt

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am going thru very similar .......pain on urination and urgency beginning in May19 , Had HDR Brachy in 2018 for Prostate Cancer ,,,,,,first drop of blood seen in June 2019.....NP 922 urine test showed no cancer cells , CT Pet Scan no cancer cells July 19 nothing found in rigid cystoscopy, laid on the floor bled for 3 days ...now blood in urine and clots as large as 2 inches by 1 inch.....from I read this is Stage 3 Radiation cystitis ./ humiria cystitis ..........doctors want to wait 6 months and do another cystoscopy and do nothing.......have read and read everything ......only thing that seems to work is hyper baric oxygen therapy........drink lots and lots of water.......and avoid lifting or carry much weight .......only one that I was told who is taking radiation injuries and cystitis cases on is Ann Suskind MD UCSF..cytology reprot rare atypical ureotheial cells behind red cells......was told this is what to expect with radiation injury .......please let me know how you progress

• Posted

Does a blue light cystascope pick up flat cells ?????

• Posted

Blue light cystoscopy is much better then white light which most hospitals use. If you want hospitals that offer it I can send you the link. Id need your email or #. MATT

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.