UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just had my implant removed because like some others on this page, I thought it could be linked to that as they only started when I got it. But I've got one again!!! I get one at least every month and follow all the correct procedures. Literally pulling my hair out over it!!!! Any advice from anyone on what I should do or what has worked for them?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade, I would do a proper reply but not sure what you mean by implant? I'm guessing birth control but might be miles out.  Also, you say 'correct procedures', but it would help me and any others who might want to reply to you if you say what you do, if you've been to the doctors, etc.  The more you say the more help you might get.

Hoping to maybe offer some advice soon,

• Posted

Hi

Sorry yes, I mean the contraceptive implant in the arm. When I say correct procedures I mean that I wash everyday, always wipe front to back, drink plenty of fluids so I empty my bladder regularly etc. Now I have taken the implant out I am worried that using condoms alone will make it worse with the spermicide on them. I currently have one as we speak and I rang the doctors this morning but thy are useless. They told me to take a urine sample in which I did and sure enough the results came back and they put me on antibiotics but didn't let me see a doctor to speak to him and get some advice as to why I get them all the time!

I just want to get it sorted or at least keep it under control because it's seriously effecting my life.

Thanks for any help

• Posted

I have also had a STI test and came back negative
  • Posted

I dealt with this for years..believe me a urologist is best for repeated issues. I had urethra scarring .
    • Posted

Did you have to get a referral from your GP to see a urologist?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.