UTI every month since hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy 11 months ago and have had a UTI/bladder infection every month since!? Before that, I had two UTI's IN MY LIFE. I swear it's like a period!? Every three weeks I get one. Macrobid doesn't work that well. Ciproflox (spelling!?) isn't working like it use to. I take D-Mannose with a cranberry extract almost daily. Am not that sexually active since surgery cause it hurts too much. I swear my husband will leave me cause I don't have sex with him. The last three times I did, I got the worse UTI afterwards that sex isn't even worth it. We use condoms. Shower before and after sex, I urinate after sex too. Am almost OCD about being clean down there. Change my underwear twice a day. Use cotton underwear more these days. No more things or G-strings. Use baby wipes to wipe after urinate to make sure it's cleaned. I literally go to the doctor every month to get a prescription. I have been referred back to the urologist who was present when I had my hysterectomy. But, am playing the waiting game to see him. Anyone else in my boat. I'd love to hear what others are doing to help this bleeping problem.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been having my share lately due to kidney stone even before that issue I have had them every 2 monthes. Cipro and bactrim all them drugs my body seems to immune to now. I recently had a shot called recepherin. It worked in 5 hours and so far week 2 no infection. I been reading on this. You may need to always be on a low dose on some antibiotic. Your urologist will determine that if that one isn't helping switch to a diff one. D mannose dosent seem like a reliable source to keep using. Try a pro biotic and some vitamin d. Stop using baby wipes they actually are very bad I'm a nanny and kids who are like 2 and 3 end up with yeast infections using these . Try to make your

own using a mild soap and some warm water. Hope maybe some of this stuff helps as I'm also trying some different options too.

• Posted

Same issue here. I am allergic to most antibiotics and have lupus, it has been ongoing since November. No symptoms but my urine tests keep coming back positive for ecoli.  Ugh.  I just strated the DMannose with Cranactin.  Hoping that will help. Cannot take Cipro, Macrobid, or Amoxcicillin, nor Bactrim,   They make me too sick.  Doc is frustrated with me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I do same thing, very careful about hygiene.  
  • Posted

Hello Mary,

I have not had a hysterectomy before, but I use to get UTI's ALL THE TIME!!! and after getting on so many antibiotics I turned to advil because I didn't know what else to do. I did some test and LOTS of research, as well as multiple doctor visits. I took like flora pills, didn't work, I took apricot seeds, and water, and it worked!!! If I don't drink at least 3 litres of water everyday, I start to feel a uti come on, not sure why?? or how?? as I keep myself very clean, but drink at LEAST 3 litres of water everday. Water cured me of UTI's and I have not had one since I started drinking all that water.

• Posted

Hi mary.I noticed you use baby wipes?I started to use baby wipes a few months ago and i actually got thrush and burning when i did  a wee.It turns out they can change the natural phd balance in the vaginal area.the dr prescribed me with canestan pessary and cream which cleared it up. Since then i haven't used them again.I'm not saying that these re cuasing your problem,but they don't help. Best wishes xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.