utis and bacterial vaginosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having burning while urinating and burning even when I am not urinating afor 2 months now, first I had a uti caused by e-coli bacteria was put on Macrobid for 1 week, still had symptoms, Dr tested urine and still alot of bacteria, 2 more weeks of Macrobid, went back still having burning, and urine test no infection, checked vagina with swabs and said Bacterial vaginosis, took flgyl for a week and still having symptoms, I am 55 years old and I do not have any sex and I am a diabetic, I have an appointment with uroligist on the 31st of this month, is anybody out there having these problems or do you have any suggestions on how to stop this constant burning? I cant even walk to the corner with out severe burning . Please Help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,too suffer what you are going through and it is very distressing.  My symptoms are linked to the menopause so my treatment is around this.  I am on HRT and a drug called Myrobegron 50mg.  This has really helped but I still get flare ups.  It is caused in my case by the lining of the bladder and urinary tract becoming thinner and more sensitive due to a drop in hormones.  I also don't drink alcohol, tea, coffee and avoid acidic foods as this all irritates the bladder.  I also drink plenty of water but also not too much to over load the bladder.  Magnesium is also meant to be good for this condition and I take a daily supplement.  I also find that the antibiotic trimethopine realy helps and I am on a low dose for 28 days at the moment to see if this can ease the irritation.  I am also thinking of being referred to a Urologist if this does not settle in a few weeks. It really is an awful thing to have to suffer so I do feel for you. Good luck.XXX
    • Posted

Thank You so much for your input, I will ask my doctor about some of the things you mentioned, I too am going through menopause, so that very well could mabe have something to do with my problems, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.