Vaginal Bumps

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since October I have been dealing with these vaginal bumps. They look like white heads. They're filled with pus (usually greenish in color), they pop, and sometimes they go away and other times they remain open and sore then heal up. In october, my gyno swabbed me for herpes, came back negative. Associated it with shaving and put me on antibiotic. It went away. In December I decided to shave with an electric razor and they appeared again, went to my family doctor. She assured me they looked nothing like herpes but clogged hair follicles, and put me on antibiotic again. Went on and did a bloodtest for HSV (for my own anxiety) and it came back negative for gential but positive for HSV1. She said that a lot of people carry it and never show any cold sore symptoms. Stopped shaving, bumps showed up again in mid Jan, went to another gyno since mine retired. He went on and did another swab for HSV, both came back negative. Said I'll probably have to go to a dermatologist. Since mid Jan, I've had either 1 or 2-3 new bumps show up. They range from the size to just a little pin to the size of an eraser. I don't know if I have some sort of vaginal acne or what. Anybody else have this issue? I'm on birth control and have PCOS. The last gyno I went to diagnosed me with ureaplasma but I took antibiotics for it. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had these bumps before, but they've never been this persitstent. Every time I've gone to a gyno they've associated it with clogged hair follicles or clogged glands. 

• Posted

I have it!  Exactly the way you described except mine or real sore to touch! I never did the mirror thing to see if there was any green pus I put polysporin cream on right away and it clears it up within 2 to 3 days. Sometimes I get them is pants are to tight (underwear) or I pull a hair by accident and sometimes they just come I guess because they want too! Sometimes its just 1 and sometimes 2  sometimes its close to the vaginal opening (most times) but have had them farther away from opening. But I've had this going off and on for years like maybe when perimenapause started! 

• Posted

I'm only 26 Crosado8! I do have PCOS, so I do not know if it is something with my hormones or what. I had 2-3 on the outside show up and heal up. Now two more little whiteheads have popped up on my labia minora.  I know it makes me feel really gross sad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.