Valtrex

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been diagnosed with genital herpes recently, haven't had sex for years, my hubby can't, anyway was completely shocked. I'm thinking it must have been in my system for years and due to recent stresses it was activated. my question is, I've been on valtrex for 20 days and I'm still dealing with symptoms. I was wrongly diagnosed for about 2 weeks or more being told originally it was a fungal infection. is it normal for it to take a long time to stop it? I had one pal,fulvic ulcer, sore on my buttocks which is now almost gone, but I also started topical acyclovir 8 days ago. is it the topical or the pill? and should I try the acyclovir pills instead? still have pain and redness in vaginal area,thank you for any info you can help me with, I'm devastated I now have to deal with this

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.