Varicocele diagnoses, wondering what other people's symptoms were?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I'm 23 and recently had to go to the emergency room because of an ever increasing dull testicle pain over the past month. I usually had the pain in my right testicle which was apparently ruled out to be epidimytis (or however you spell it) due to infection. I thought that was the end of it, until my left testicle started really hurting and i found a veiny lump/mass on the bottom or underside of the testicle. After an ultrasound they said it was a varicocele. All of the veins in the upper region are exactly how the internet describes them "a bag of worms".

I'm really just looking for some people that have had this same diagnoses to reassure me that the symptoms I'm experiencing are normal. Besides the testicular pain, I have pain in my left abdomen and my left leg that could come and go. Especially my calf and foot.

My doctor was not very helpful in telling me what the symptoms could be, as when he came in after the ultrasound he said it was a hydrocele. The nurse came in shortly after and showed me the ultrasound results confirming it was a varicocele. I can't really find anything on the internet of symptoms. Even the diagnoses sheet the hospital gave me says there are none.

I'm waiting till thursday to see a urologist and see what my options are.

Thank you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Any updates you can share?

i've had similar for several years and had some confusion in what I've been told. GP told me it was a cyst after follow-up from ultrasound. I had to go again years later to check on a new lump. That didn't show on the second ultrasound but was told during this that I had a varicocele which was also picked up on the first ultrasound years earlier - just no one ever told me.

Never had any offers to get it resolved or explain what options there might be, very frustrating.

• Edited

I had the same dull ache that turned out to be the same diagnosis after ultrasound. The advice was that it's nothing to be concerned about, but can cause problems with fertility if that were ever a thing that I'd be bothered about. No intervention needed unless pain was getting worse and really causing discomfort (thankfully not!).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.