varicose veins

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone young have varicose veins frown ?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am 23 and I have varicose veins. Precisely my saphenofemoral junction valve is incompetent and I have few superficial varicosities in my left leg. I have consulted vascular surgeons but they are having different opinions for the type of intervention required in my case. I have read literature regarding this but I am still not sure as to what would be a better procedure in my case; stripping or laser ablation. I would be thankfull to those who can help me and I would be happy to answer any of your questions too.
    • Posted

I went for radio frequency ablation as apparently the laser heats up to some incredible temprerature that can cause burning. I think the technique is very similar though and less painful than stripping. It is done under local anaesthetic.
    • Posted

What about the recurrence....?
    • Posted

Apparently the recurrence is very low approx 5% or less much less than stripping. Some hospitals still only do stripping because they are not prepared to invest in the new techniques and pay for people to be trained. Good old NHS. If you have any of the techniques done apparently you should choose a surgeon who does it all the time.
    • Posted

I got them when i was 22 years old and i get rid of them this year,so i had them for 14 years.The doctors try to do a sclerotherapy,but i didn't want .I am not allow to describe the procedure here.So you have to search for your self.

If you want to know what i did search for Varicose Veins!!!Finally The Best Treatment.I just want you all to now that here is a beter treatment out there.

• Posted

I first got varicose veins when I was 16 and had them stripped at 18. I then had them reoccur and had laser treatment when I was 26 - apparently this was because the stripping hadn't rectified the problem with my faulty valve - not because stripping isn't efficient - the doc just said this can happen sometimes. The second time the v.veins were in a diff area. I have since had no problems and I am hoping they are gone for good (or at least until I'm an old lady haha!) smile
    • Posted

After the veins are striped how can varicose re occur....?
    • Posted

Either the veins were not removed totally when stripping or new ones grow. I believe the chances of reoccurence with stripping is around 20%.
  • Posted

I got them when i was 22 years old and i get rid of them this year,so i had them for 14 years.The doctors try to do a sclerotherapy,but i didn't want .

If you want to know what i did search for Varicose Veins!!!Finally The Best Treatment

• Posted

I got them when i was 22 years old and i get rid of them this year,so i had them for 14 years.The doctors try to do a sclerotherapy,but i didn't want .

If you want to know what i did search for Varicose Veins!!!Finally The Best Treatment

• Posted

Young is a relative term? Teens? Usually if teens have varicose veins they have had an injury or may have a more central venous obstruction. One thing to look at is the size of the circumference of the thighs. If one is larger than the other (usually left, a more serious problem may be involved).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.