Vasectomy congestion pain, papaya?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, I had my no scalpel vasectomy about 23 days ago. I wasn’t one of the lucky ones who recovered in a few days, but lucky enough to not have excruciating pain. By day 14, I was told I have two sperm granulomas as well as congestion in my Epididymis (seems to be mostly on left side). The pain isn’t bad (1-2), mostly just annoying and the feeling of regret is overwhelming once I realized what I put myself at risk for. I want to get ahead of my congestion to avoid damage to my Epididymis. I began taking papaya seed powder about 3 days ago. For those of you who have used this, did it completely resolve your congestive problems? Did you continue taking it (or was a few months enough)? I know I’m still very early in the process, but I want to make sure I do as much as I can to resolve the issue before more problems come up.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey, i have had congestion pain for 10 weeks now too following the snip on the 6th of december. Just bought the papaya seed but am anxious that if i take i might prevent my body from adjusting in time. How u doing is it working for you?
    • Posted

Hello, sorry to hear that. I’m at day 15 with the papaya seed powder. After about 1 week, my congestion pain seemed to improve tremendously. My Epididymis inflammation seems to have mostly gone away. The last 5 or 6 days, I haven’t really noticed congestion. I still have some random pains here and there (I believe it’s from my granulomas) but it’s more of an annoyance rather than pain. If it’s been 10 weeks, I’d have a hard time believing it’ll get better, maybe it will, maybe it won’t (everyone is different). If it’s strictly congestion, the papaya seed should help. If you do nothing, it could also lead to a blowout which is what scares me and why I got on top of it so soon. I plan on taking the papaya seed powder long term as I haven’t seen any negative side effects. I may eventually lower my dosage to once a day but not anytime soon. I’d also highly recommend you joining this forum site: http://www.postvasectomypain.org

There’s a lot more information and active members. Search papaya or congestion and you’ll see their experiences. In addition to papaya, I started wearing a jock strap almost all of the time and continue to take 1-3 baths / hot tub a day. For me, getting through the mental stress was rough. If you can, try some exercise. It helped me knowing that I could remain active (at least with a jock strap). 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.