Vasectomy issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a vasectomy done 2 weeks ago now was alot of brusing and pain witch still have some but isnt an issue..the issue is now im not as sensitive during sex and i no longer feel most of my orgasm, i was told that everything will be just the same no different but when it comes to sex i no longer feel my testis at all with my orgasm ( witch in itself has taken away half the orgasm) and my penis side of things just is no where near as sensitive and i find afterwards that its not disappointing and unforfilling to the point im not overly interested in sex now..before the surgery me and my partner where every night. Im starting to feel like ive been robed of this trying to do the right thing if i was told there was even the smallest possibility of this i wouldnt of gone ahead with the surgery its making me depressed greatly as im Starting to feel that i will never have an orgasm again...and i have no idea what to do

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You are very soon after your surgery and are still healing. Scar tissue can take a year to set and mature.

I would visit your GP and be open about where you are at following surgery, then keep going for repeat appointments and referrals until you get your situation resolved.

You pay for the NHS, so if you need to access it due to problems following an NHS provided surgery, you should do so.

• Posted

I went to a gp yesterday and all he said was if its still the same in 6 months time to come back, didnt find that very helpful tho..I'm starting to find the lack of feeling frustrating and depressing trying to think still healing will go back to normal but gets hard to

• Posted

All this time later( about 3 month's) and no pain or anything that side of things is great..but the enjoyment side...thats another issue not much has change still no feeling from the testicles and the feeling of an orgasm i would say is at least 3/4 less...will that ever change or at least even get up to half an orgasm back? Or is this it for me now... Im not bringing it up with my partner as the surgery was her idea and i know the guilt she would feel and will do anything not to put that on her i just have no idea what to do or think.... I need help

• Posted

Seeing the surgeon for a follow up on Thursday but i feel he didnt explain any of this 2 me as i was told that everything will just go back to normal once the pain is gone im not sure i even want to face him with what ive gone thru the last few.months
  • Posted

Spoke to the surgeon and all he said was nothing to do with the surgery ok bye bye...and nothing else is this life now?..how do i accept and deal with no more pleasure from sex carnt talk to my wife about it as shes the one the came up with the idea of getting it and dont qanna put that on her and the bit i have said her response was just wait more for healing and i had issues like that with birth control..i want to get it reversed but as that's not covered here and will never be able to aford it thats not going to happen i need help, im alone with this and have no idea what to do

• Posted

Try : http://www.postvasectomypain.org

It's full of men with issues following vasectomy, primarily pain, but also others similar to your own.

I hope you get some resolution, I had a vas, then severe pain, then paid for a reversal a year later as it was badly messing my life up.

Still have mild pain probs 5 years on, and sex def now not as good as before the hell year of severe pain.

I just live with it myself, as at one point I thought the pain issue would cost me EVERYTHING. Sex is not everything, but it's not a well discussed outcome.

• Posted

How is this for you now?

I’m booked in, 29th September. I would like the non-scalpel procedure - but it would appear that it isn’t because the info sheet sent from the hospital says I will have dissolvable stitches. Which did you have - as research implies the side effect are different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.