Venaflaxine for overall relief?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was considering going on Venaflaxine for several mild issues and found some research it might help with my osteoarthritis. I am just starting to realize how much of a negative impact Osteoarthritis is having on my body, including having to lay in bed all day the day after doing anything physically extensive. I can handle the pain that started in my thumbs and knees and seems to migrated to my feet, hips, and neck, but the days of fatigue are torture.

Has anyone tried it or another SNRI?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Leucadlover... first ? out of the box .....what's a leucad? person. place or thing? just curious...

some antidepressent drugs like you suggest can help with pain. i have tried several of them in the past some have helped but the side effects usually aren't worth the struggle in my case.

you took the words right outta my mouth in your post. except i wish I could have written the osteo body take over so eloquently. you hit the nail on the head. its our bodies telling us we need to do things differently and stay in shape if possible. i have had a lot of joint issues hips replaced , degenerative arthritis in my back and knees , shoulders, ankles and oh yes the thumbs. and one lil issue i had never heard of is Dupuytren's it's in my hands. i wish I had a better answer for you . its slowly getting to a point that can't do the things i enjoy....

so what to do?

I just do whats available to help me get thru the day... joint sleeves, back braces, heat packs rest and gentle strengthening exercises . practice 'Mindfulness' - planning and thinking ahead of daily tasks. using aides available and stay positive... not always easy....i had to give up pets i miss having dogs . this is the first time i have no dog. its heartbreaking they bring so much joy...but i cant take care of a dog and take care of my handicapped DH. it's a whole different standard of life.

so it's one day at a time for me.....Sending healing blessings your way. i hope you find relief from Venaflaxine.

good luck and keep me posted.

• Posted

Are you sure this is "just" osteoarthritis? I have both osteoarthritis and polymyalgia rheumatica and I have to say your symptoms don't quite match up with either, but some in common with one or the other. There are many different kinds of arthritis and maybe you can get some ideas and assistance from versusarthritis dot org. ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.